Special Guest Villain: "Blogs Are For Wimps"

I'm getting pretty good at this BlogExplosion "Rent My Blog, Dammit" thing. Basically, you sell that little 122-by-91 pixel space over in the sidebar to another blog for a week. They pay you in traffic "credits". If you're a good "landlord", you'll do a bit more work to help promote their blog (such as, say, this blog entry you're reading right now). If you're a bad landlord, of course, you completely ignore your renter and devote your energy to recycling your chewed pencil stubs.

I think I'm pretty good at this because none of my renters has received a "bad deal". Each one has gotten at least 23 unique click-throughs (meaning at least 23 different people have "clicked" on their blog thumbnail to read what they had to say) during their week. And I try to charge a fair price, which to me means you pay no more than three credits per unique click-through. (Some of these idjits charge -- and GET -- 500 credits for a mere handful of click-throughs. But I, on the other hand, have a conscience. I give value for value received. So nyaah.)

For this week's rental, I had nine applicants to choose from. One was a previous renter. Two of them had previously rented space to me. I could only choose one. ONE. Nuts.

With sincere apologies to my friend Melissa (whose blog "Jetting Through Life" deserves your attention, even if she doesn't get the coveted Parking Space of Honor this week), I have decided to go this week with the blog that I felt was the funniest, snarkiest, most-likely-to-replace-Howard-Stern-on-the-FCC's-hit-list-iest applicant. And how can you not like a blog called "Blogs Are For Wimps"?

"BR4W" (just pretend it's a license plate, and it becomes easier to type) doesn't play fair. It's a consortium of seven bloggers, each hitting-and-running with their own warped senses of humor, and generally laying waste to all that they touch. That's my kind of blog, dadgummit! (Plus, it makes me feel better that there are seven of them, and yet between them, they can only get one or two new entries up a day. That makes me feel a heck of a lot better that I, flying solo here, don't write new posts more often.)

It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you scream in orgasmic ecstacy. (Perhaps it will make you want to take some Ecstacy as well.) By now, you know the drill. Click here, or on the blog thumbnail over there on the right, and "Wimp" out".

Comments

Kubah said…
Thanks for letting us rent... I appreciate it. I kept seeing you ahead of us in all of these blog rankings, so I figured I would join the winning team.

As for why we are all lazy about posting... simple, we're almost all Hispanic. You're from Texas. I'm sure you have seen how lazy we can be. Cheap labor sucks.
"Jet" said…
Gary!!!! Darlin! Thank you for kind words! You owe me the next one!!
Angie said…
Oh, boy...she told you! ;)

I miss the old shout box gang. :(

Popular posts from this blog

BO-Zha-Lay Nue-VOE

The REAL Evil Genius

People Eating Tasty Animals