Battle Of The Blogs: Not Too Proud To Beg

Okay, I knew my sense of humor wasn't for everybody. But this is getting ridiculous.

I have entered BlogExplosion's "Battle Of The Blogs" seven times. That means putting up 70 hard-earned credits in the spirit of "friendly competition". My record in those competitions is a not-so-friendly 0-and-7. (Well, you can't fault me for consistency.)

The irony is, I thought the recent "Charlie Brown on steroids" mock screenplay was one of the most inspired things I had come up with recently. You may see that as tragic. I see that as a glimmer of hope for the imminent return of my creativity.

I have been surveying a lot of blogs on BE lately. Most of the ones that tend to win the "Battles Of The Blogs" tend to fall into one of the following categories:

o "I have kids and they're a handful, but I love them anyway"
o "I saw the CUUUUTEST dog this afternoon"
o "The Fleemistat XQ428R has 12 GHz of power and is the raddest video card for gamers"
o "Here's a link to a pithy comment that somebody else wrote"
o "All liberals hate America, and Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh always speak the truth"
o "Have you found Jesus?"

Now, these aren't the universal winners, to be sure. Two of the lowest-ranked Battle blogs belong to a Phillipine IT corporation (0-for-31) that excerpts press releases from tech companies (I'd link to it, but their server went offline as I was writing this - no joke), and to an evangelical balloon artist (0-for-27) who spreads the Lord's word through his animal sculptures.

This is who I'm down there at the bottom of the pack with.

Heck, even the dead-last lowest-ranked Battle blog sports a record of 240-717, which gives him a winning percentage of .251. My winning percentage, in case you need help with the math, is .000.

And so, I'm begging. My ego can't take much more of this. I am asking for your pity vote. Let me win just one "Battle Of The Blogs". Just ONE. Just enough to validate my existence on the planet.

(Do you feel sorry for me yet?)

UPDATE: I won my first battle! Thank you! Whining and griping got me a victory ... hmmm, maybe our current Administration is onto something ...

Comments

BotB is sketchy at best. I starte dout with a 0-16 record before winning. Now I am at something like 136 and 156.

Chin up. It's all for fun and maybe you get soem readers too.

For he record, I voted fo ryou last time, and I'll vote for you this time too :P
er, can you make me a balloon doggie Mr?
Stephen said…
I think it's best not to confuse winning the battle with the quality of your blog. Lots of time, there's no correlation. Zaphod is right...it's all for fun.
Danny Boy, FCD said…
Haha, funny post! I'm not egotistical enough to join this BotB thing, but it sounds like fun. How does one vote in the BotB? I need to tinker around with the BE website, I guess.
Carol said…
My win-lose record is profoundly lopsided on the losing side, too. I keep plugging along. I like my blog. So it really doesn't matter what others think...although, on second thought and if I'm honest, yeah it really does matter. Rather than it being an indication that I'm egotistical, I think it's more an indication of insecurity. I'll be certain to vote for you next time. Begging works.

Popular posts from this blog

BO-Zha-Lay Nue-VOE

"Lost": Everything But Weight

Deal Or Big, Fat, Hairy Deal