Landlord-Tenant Fun And Games

A big chunk of my traffic comes from BlogExplosion, which is (as far as I know) the biggest traffic-generating site for blogs on the 'Net. Traffic schemes are their game. You name it, they got it. Credits for surfing, "Battle of the Blogs" (two blogs ante up and duel over the pot, winner takes three-fourths), "Scratch Cards" (imagine a scratch-off lottery card that NEVER FREAKIN' PAYS OFF), and even occasional random credits just for being a nice person. (Or so I like to tell myself.)

Something that's becoming quite popular is the "Rent My Blog" program, in which one blog trades credits for a prominent link on another blog. And, being the independent non-conformist that I am, I jumped right on the ol' bandwagon.

Last week, I rented my blog out for the first time, for the princely sum of 15 credits. I had six offers. I took the one that signed up first. Out of the 1,473 visits I had last week from 662 unique visitors, my renter got 44 click-throughs. Now, a three-percent click-through rate may not sound like much, but compared to stats from other blog rentals, it's not too shabby. (Especially since my renter took his blog completely off-line for half the week, the yutz.)

So, today I put my blog up for rent again. I doubled the price to 30 credits, thinking it would narrow the field of candidates somewhat. Three hours later, I had 11 bidders. So much for narrowing the field.

This time, I read each bidder's blog carefully. Several of them were quite entertaining, and each of them had something unique to offer. I was sorely tempted to go with the blog that accompanied each entry with a picture of a different huge-breasted woman (the kind of bustline that, if she were to try jogging, would result in two black eyes and a severe case of whiplash), but ultimately realized the Wife would kill me if I did. Plus, there's something kind of cheap and tawdry about pandering to the masses like that, and anybody who writes an entire blog entry around the word "antidisestablishmentarianism" definitely CANNOT be accused of pandering to the masses.

Ultimately, I selected the one that I thought visitors to my sick funhouse would enjoy the most. That's it over on the top right: "Jane Loves Tarzan". I chose her blog, even though when I tried to rent hers, she shot me down cold. But I'm not bitter. Really. I'm not. I'm a better man than she is (which, I suppose, goes without saying).


It's not a uterus, dammit!

Besides being quite a witty and prolific blogger, Jane is also a USC fan, who refers to the University of Texas as the "team with the female-reproduction-diagram-logo" and the team itself as "the Uteri". Them's fightin' words, woman ...

So, one reason I have chosen Jane's blog as this week's renter is so I can watch her grovel at my feet on January 4th, right after the Rose Bowl, when her Mighty Trojan-Enz have been laid waste by the thundering herd from Austin.

Please click here or on the thumbnail in the sidebar, and pay "Jane Loves Tarzan" a visit. (Oh, and Jane: "Uteri" this, bee-yotch ...)

Comments

Jay said…
I really like Jane...but you could remind her that Trojans are designed to be impotent against a uterus, used up, then discarded.

Hook 'em Horns!
Michael Bains said…
I came here via Jay and s'pose you don't need anyone else telling you how the Uteri, er, Longhorn's (Vince "The Man" Young not-with-standing) won't last 3 quarters 'gainst the Condoms, er, Trojans.

QB dopeyness is all that kept my Luckeyes, er, Buckeyes from sending the Horns packin' sans their #2 ranking early in the season.

Popular posts from this blog

BO-Zha-Lay Nue-VOE

The REAL Evil Genius

People Eating Tasty Animals