Hurricane Kat-Rita?

Here we go again. And now, rather than playing host to the evacuees from a Category 4 hurricane, it looks like I may be an evacuee myself.

Tropical Storm Rita is on track to nick the Florida Keys, strengthen into a hurricane, and head straight for the City of Houston. Estimated landfall is Saturday morning. And, trust me, if Rita stays on its current path, Karen and I won't be here.

Even though Houston is a city above sea level, and our home isn't in a flood-prone area, we have already arranged to stay at a friend's house outside Austin. So, if the storm hits Houston head-on, don't worry about me and mine. We'll be safe and dry in the city where I was born.

(Although I think I'm going to go buy a couple of cases of bottled water, just in case ...)

Comments

cube said…
Oh yeah, as a Floridian, I know about having supplies such as food & water, a generator if the power goes, and a go bag ready in case you must evacuate. Good luck to you.
Anonymous said…
And bring a bottle of good wine too.. :) that's always nice to have. Stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

BO-Zha-Lay Nue-VOE

The REAL Evil Genius

People Eating Tasty Animals